Sunday, April 05, 2009

This week is going to be somewhat busy. Last week was ok I guess. Had another Spanish test on Friday and I am not at all looking forward to finding out how that went. Friday evening mom and I went down to Edinboro for the Celebration of Excellence Ceremony where I received my stole for Cum Laude. It's red :) I was, however, very angry because I was supposed to be recognized as a candidate for commission with some of my fellow cadets and I was completely overlooked. I was not invited by the colonel and I was not listed as a candidate for commission in the program. I am angry because I have spent four years dedicating real time and effort to the ROTC program, and I still actively participate in mentoring and counseling cadets to prepare them for LDAC this summer. I will finish my ROTC obligation AND graduate this spring. The Army refuses to commission me while I am pregnant so I have to wait till December, but please explain to me how this somehow makes me no longer a candidate for commission and no longer worthy of being acknowledged among my peers as a cadet who has completed the requirements and dedicated 4 years to the program! This is beyond unfair, it is intolerable! It may be hard for someone who hasn't been through what I have to understand where I am coming from or even to understand why it matters so much that my name be on that little program and that I be acknowledged. Probably all of the cadets who had to go to this dinner and be acknowledged didn't want to be there, so why should I care right? Well, I've surmounted a lot of odds and obstacles.. especially over the last year and a half, and I DESERVE TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED.

I spent my birthday with mom and Gammer and Gaffer. Gammer and Gaffer treated us to Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants, and I had my normal stuffed chicken marsala. It was delicious and really nice to spend that time with them. I missed Mike rather dreadfully, though. I guess I had this idea that when he was finally home from deployment I would get to actually spend special days together with him. Sometimes I wonder if that will ever be the case as long as one or both of us are in the Army. I hope America is grateful for us because sometimes it seems like a waste of time and a lot of unnecessary sorrow. Anyway, today I have been entirely unproductive and have spent most of my time either napping or playing on the computer. Yes, I do have work to do, I just don't have much motivation to do it. It's starting to get down to crunch time though and I almost wish someone would just light a fire under my ass. 27 days till graduation and some big projects to get done before then. I will be so happy for graduation and the cookout to finally be here. I will get to see my Michael again and family and friends!

I have at least two tests coming up this week: Environmental Issues test on Tuesday and Geology test on Thursday. I have a small presentation to do on Tuesday for military science, and I have a large battle analysis project that I believe is due next week for the same class...haven't even started it yet. I have to read a short story in German and write a 3 page summary of it in German and submit that to my German professor for my required 407 credits. I have to see my advisor soon to make sure everything is in order for graduation, and I believe I have to purchase my cap and gown (yuck!). I have to write 3 more film reviews for my environmental issues class, and I have to survive two more Spiller tests without completely failing. I am a little bit stressed right now, heheh. So why can't I just get these things out of the way? ARGH and yet here I sit writing this blog

Well I am famished so off I go to search for food

No comments:

Post a Comment