Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another week has passed, another weekend here. Time is going so slow and so fast all at once. Went to the doctor's again on Friday, nothing again. I was starting to get really worried for a while until I found out Gammer says mom didn't drop until a couple hours before she was born. Maybe that's how this will go? I don't know. Everything that I can think of for the most part is ready. I just need to go to Babies R Us and buy some last minute things since I finally got the 10% off certificate for our registry stuff. I'm anxious to get this over with, and I hope I can push through without pain meds.

Lately I've just been really lazy for the most part. I sit around all day and read or take naps. I should try spending more time outside, but I can't be on my feet for very long before things get painful. Last weekend I found out Mike is scheduled to deploy for 2 months to West Point this summer. Needless to say, neither of us is happy about it at all. No sooner do I get the chance to move down with him and the Army has him off on some other assignment that would be better suited to someone who is single and doesn't have a newborn baby. Well, such is our life. Originally it was supposed to be for 3 weeks, and now it's up to 2 months so it went from sucky to bullshit real quick. However, now they may be putting him back down to 3 weeks again, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's kind of hard not to. I have a love-hate relationship with the Army...and lately a lot of it has been hate. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the love comes back before I raise my right hand in December. Mike does get a promotion to Captain on June 1st though, I am very proud of him.

Our crib got send down to Kentucky and Mike has it all put together and in the baby's room. We are just waiting for the dresser and the conversion rails that go with it. Then we need to get a mattress to put in it and a bedding set. Yikes, more money heh. Babies are so expensive! This initial cost though should be something of a one time thing because when we have more we won't have to keep buying a new crib.

Not sure what is in store for today, but I think I may go down and visit with Gammer and Gaffer along with mom. Probably should be sticking close to the hospital, but meh. I've started packing up some of my stuff for the move, but I hate packing and I never know where to begin. I always end up packing something that I need in between now and when I move and then I have to kick myself and ask myself why I packed it. I am also reluctant to have that look about the place that comes with moving. It always makes things look so bare and out of place and very un-homey. Oh well, I guess I have to at some point. Well I think it's shower time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment