Sunday, May 03, 2009

Finals week was a little bit stressful, but now it's all over and I'm officially a college graduate! I feel like I should be ecstatic, and in a way I guess I am but at the same time it's a little bittersweet. Four years going to one place and making so many memories, not necessarily all good, but some really great...it's finally time to move on in my life in so many huge ways and I am a little sad, but I am also soooooo happy. I know this doesn't make any sense.

After my last final on Friday, Mike flew into the airport and I picked him up and we spent the day together. We went to a Japanese steakhouse for a hibachi dinner and I had chicken and shrimp and he had steak and shrimp. It was so delicious but then that night my ankles swelled up like balloons! It was crazy cause they've never swelled so much before. We went to see Taken at the dollar theater after dinner and it was just a really nice night! On Saturday, we all went down to Edinboro for my graduation. It was long but I didn't stay for the whole thing or it could have been a lot longer. Eric, mom, dad and Mike were all there to cheer me on so it was pretty cool. After graduation we headed down to Sharpsville for a cookout. Jonathan and Jess, Sarah, Joel and Eric were all there and a bunch of other people and it was really wonderful to see everyone and have a fire in the old fire ring! Everyone was so generous with gifts for the baby too (THANKS!!!!) and I just had a really great time! Today, the guys started tinkering around with mom's old motorcycle. We all got to visit more and eat more yummy food. The weekend flew by way too fast, though, and now already I am sitting here alone again wondering what I am going to occupy myself with for the next 3 weeks until the baby is due. I took Mike to the airport and we had to say goodbye again. This time it won't be too long though, and then we will finally live in the same house! I hate saying goodbye :(

So, this week is...unplanned. I guess I can start packing up my possessions and getting ready to move. Friday I have a doctor's appt again. Saturday is Sarah's bridal shower which I need to finalize plans for this week. I need to write thank you notes to all the people who were so generous to Mike and I this weekend! It kind of sounds like a lot, but in reality, I find myself with almost nothing to do and it is very strange as opposed to the rush of the last weeks of college. I already miss Mike terribly. SIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment