Monday, March 02, 2009

Last week was uneventful and I'm down in Kentucky for spring break now. Flew down on Friday night, got sick on the flight which was not at all fun. Mike and I decided to take a trip out to Mammoth Cave on Saturday. It was raining and kind of nasty weather, but it was so worth it. That cave has seriously got to be one of the natural wonders of the world! We took some pretty cool pictures which I've been attempting to upload to facebook but facebook only wanted to upload like four or five of them and doesn't seem to want to let me do the rest. Maybe I will get them up sometime.

Sunday we attempted to try out our new meat smoker. It's a pretty cool little thing and we were all excited about smoking up a whole turkey and having some delicious meat for lunch throughout the week. Unfortunately it was very cold outside and very very windy and the poor little thing doesn't do so well in the wind. We couldn't get it up to the correct temperature. The bird smoked partially but we had to finish up cooking it in the oven. It's still pretty tastey and I made Mike a sandwich out of it today. We were supposed to be able to spend his lunch time together as he is at work, but he had work to get done that was laid on him at the last minute so I ended up just taking it in to him and coming back home. I have been lying in bed all day because I have come down with quite some sickness. Yesterday I had the sore throat in the morning and it got progressively worse to lung racking coughs and a raging headache. I hope I am not running a fever. I'm not really concerned about me, just the baby. I have this nasty nagging worry in the back of my head telling me it could end up being pneumonia, so I'm prepared to go to a doctor if my lungs seem to be getting any worse. I really hope it's not pneumonia. What sucks is there are only like four medications I can take, none of which are all-round cold medicine. I can take robitussin, sudafed, actifed and regular tylenol. Since I'm not really congested right now, sudafed won't do anything. I like to stay away from tylenol cause I don't trust that any medication is really safe. Robitussin may be the one I end up taking if I really have to.

I'm supposed to be cleaning up the kitchen from yesterday's turkey dinner, but instead I have not been able to get myself out of bed. I really need to though because I want to make dinner tonight so Mike doesn't have to worry about it when he comes home from work. Hopefully I will feel much better tomorrow, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment